Special for 2021-22: Free Breakfast and Lunch
For the 2021-22 school year, the Bozrah Public Schools have opted to participate in the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) of the National School Lunch Program.
This means that all students enrolled in the Fields Memorial School will receive breakfast and lunch free of charge.
However, it remains critical that you complete and submit your free and reduced-price meal application to Fields Memorial School in order to determine eligibility for other programs, like the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT), discounted technology and Wi-Fi programs, and more.
This packet includes an application for free and reduced-price school meals and detailed instructions in how to complete it.
At FMS, we use the service mySchoolBucks to pay for school lunches and a la carte items. To use this service, you need to register an account at mySchoolBucks.com.
On the mySchoolBucks site you can deposit funds into your child's cafeteria account online. There is a $2.75 convenience fee for depositing money online, but your account will be credited with one free lunch for every $50 deposit you make to offset this convenience fee. Placing deposits in multiple accounts will not result in additional convenience fees if they are made during the same online transaction.
You can also deposit funds into your child's account by sending cash or check to school. Please remember to check your child's balance at myschoolbucks.com on a regular basis.
With your mySchoolBucks account, you can also view your child's cafeteria transactions for the last 30 days. You are not required to make deposits online for this feature to be available to you.
If you wish to sign up for mySchoolBucks you will need to know your child's student number. Many children know their lunch ID which is four digits. They use the same number to check out library books. Adding a 1 in front of the Lunch ID will give you the number you need to sign up with mySchoolBucks. If you need assistance with this number please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Services Links and Resources
- 2021-22 Application for Free or Reduced School Meals
- FAQ: Free or Reduced Meals SSO
- 2021-22 Income Guidelines for Free and Reduced Meals Eligibility
- Civil Rights SNP Complaint Procedures 2021-22
- Medical Statement for Meal Modifications
- Addendum B for Husky Program
- CT Department of Education Child Nutrition
- List of Acceptable Foods and Beverages
- Food Order Form for Celebrations from Cafeteria
- Eligibility Manual for School Meals
- Food Services Charging Policy
- Information on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP) Program
- Statement of Non-Discrimination
- Update on Electronic Transactions in the Child Nutrition Program
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service
- Wellness Policy
- School Wellness Policy Website Assessment Scores
|A La Carte Item||Price|
|Pancakes / Waffles
|Student Lunch Option||Price|
|PreK-8 Student Lunch (milk included)
|PreK-8 Student Milk||$0.55|
|Water||$1.00, $0.75, $0.50|
|Canned Fruit Juice||$1.50
|Fruit and Vegetables ala cart||$0.75
|An alternate to the regular entree is available. It changes weekly.|
|Students in Grades 3-8 may choose a chef salad (greens, veggies, meat and cheese, choice of dressing, roll, choice of fruit, milk.|
|Peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and fluff sandwiches are available to K-8 students on a daily basis.|
|Staff Lunch Prices|
|Lunch (milk included)||$4.00|
|Chef Salad (milk included)||$4.00|
|Salad (no meat or cheese)||$3.50|
|"Bowl of Veggies" Salad||$2.50|
|Ala Carte Entree||$3.50|