Board of Education
Board of Education Goal
The goal of the Bozrah Board of Education is to support the implementation of the district's strategic plan. Our strategic plan focuses on school climate, communication, professional development, academic achievement, technology and school facilities.
Our Mission and Vision
The Bozrah School District prepares and inspires all students to realize their fullest potential by encouraging dedication to excellence, providing a stimulating learning environment, and fostering a commitment towards others.
The Bozrah School District promotes a dynamic learning environment that inspires opportunities for innovation, problem solving and intellectual curiosity. We integrate relevant technology to set the stage for success in a global society. Our culture supports respect, diversity, discovery, integrity, perseverance, and effective communication in a safe learning community.
The Bozrah School District believes in:
- Encouraging individual diversity while treating others with kindness and sensitivity
- Allowing students to make good choices that reflect pride in oneself and their environment
- Providing and promoting a learning environment for all students to reach their maximum academic and individual potential
- Promoting innovation, versatility, creativity, perseverance, and intellectual risk-taking
- Developing a caring, safe, and cohesive school community
- Fostering local and global citizenship through effective communication, responsible leadership and cultural awareness
- Embracing the courage to be responsible, honest, accountable, and dependable to oneself, others, and the community at all times.
Board of Education Members
- Jeanne Goulart, BOE Chair
- Jonathan Gilman, BOE Secretary
- Robin Barry
- Tom Finn
- Mary Elizabeth Lang
- Nicholas Savoie
- Lindsay Baah
Resources and Documents
- BOE Agendas and Minutes
- BOE Subcommittee Agendas and Minutes
- BOE Meeting Packets
- BOE & Committee Meetings recorded with Zoom
- BOE Policies
- BOE Budget FY21-22 Approved at June 9 2021 Town Meeting
- SPED Policies and Procedures.pdf
- Physical Restraint and Seclusion Policy
- Physical Restraint and Seclusion Regulation
- Strategic Plan October 2014.pdf
- Student Data Privacy
Board of Education Meeting Schedule
- The Board of Education meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30PM in the FMS library. Exceptions for 2021 include September 14 and November 9 (2nd Tuesday).
- Special meetings are scheduled as required.
- Regular meetings scheduled for the 2021-2022 school calendar year: August 3, September 14, October 5, November 9, December 7, January 4, February 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7, July-no meeting
- Posting of BOE Regular Meeting Dates for school year 2021-2022 2021-2022 BOE meeting dates posting.pdf
Board of Education Subcommittees
Purpose: To participate, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, in creating or identifying policies that are germane to the operation of Bozrah Public Schools.
Members: BOE Secretary Jonathan Gilman, Robin Barry, Joaquim Santo
Purpose: To participate, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, in developing the annual operating/capital budget proposal and, as circumstances warrant, address particular budgetary challenges that might arise during the fiscal year.
Members: BOE Chair Jeanne Goulart, Robin Barry, Tom Finn
Purpose: To oversee, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, the maintenance of the school plant and any special or exceptional projects that may arise thereto.
Members: BOE Secretary Jonathan Gilman, Joaquim Santo
District Curriculum & Strategic Planning Subcommittee
- Purpose: To oversee, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, the development of new curriculum or revisions to existing curricula. To participate, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, with the development and maintenance of the Strategic Plan to identify the mission, vision and strategic direction of Bozrah Public Schools and provide measurable goals and timelines.
Members: BOE Chair Jeanne Goulart, BOE Secretary Jonathan Gilman, Mary Elizabeth Lang
- Purpose: To represent the Board's interest, in conjunction with the superintendent and legal counsel, by participating in the negotiations process with representatives from the District's Collective Bargaining units.
Members: BOE Chair Jeanne Goulart, Mary Elizabeth Lang, Tom Finn
Purpose: To oversee, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, the identification of emerging technologies and replacement/replenishment of current hardware and/or software.
Members: BOE Secretary Jonathan Gilman, Nicholas Savoie, Tom Finn
Parent/Teacher Organization Subcommittee
Purpose: To serve as the Board of Education's liaison to the Fields Memorial School Parent/Teacher Organization.
Members: Robin Barry
BOE Chair is ex-officio member of all sub-committees.