Board of Education
Board of Education Goal
The goal of the Bozrah Board of Education is to support the implementation of the district's strategic plan. Our strategic plan focuses on school climate, communication, professional development, academic achievement, technology and school facilities.
Our Mission and Vision
The Bozrah School District prepares and inspires all students to realize their fullest potential by encouraging dedication to excellence, providing a stimulating learning environment, and fostering a commitment towards others.
The Bozrah School District promotes a dynamic learning environment that inspires opportunities for innovation, problem solving and intellectual curiosity. We integrate relevant technology to set the stage for success in a global society. Our culture supports respect, diversity, discovery, integrity, perseverance, and effective communication in a safe learning community.
The Bozrah School District believes in:
Respect as shown by:
- Encouraging individual diversity while treating others with kindness and sensitivity
- Allowing students to make good choices that reflect pride in oneself and their environment
Excellence as shown by:
- Providing and promoting a learning environment for all students to reach their maximum academic and individual potential
- Promoting innovation, versatility, creativity, perseverance, and intellectual risk-taking
Community as shown by:
- Developing a caring, safe, and cohesive school community
- Fostering local and global citizenship through effective communication, responsible leadership and cultural awareness
Integrity as shown by:
- Embracing the courage to be responsible, honest, accountable, and dependable to oneself, others, and the community at all times.
Board of Education Members
- Michel Leask, Chairperson
- Lindsey LaFlash, Secretary
- Lindsey Baah
- David Bowser
- Jonathan Gilman
- Nicholas Savoie
- Abby von Halem
Resources and Documents
Board of Education Meeting Schedule
- The Board of Education meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30PM in the FMS library. Exceptions noted below.
- Special meetings are scheduled as required.
- Regular meetings scheduled for the 2023-24 school calendar year:
- August 1
- September 5
- October 3
- November 8 (Wednesday)
- December 5
- January 2 (canceled)
- February 6
- March 5
- April 4
- May 7
- June 4
- July-no meeting
- Links to meeting agendas and minutes are also found on the district homepage.
Board of Education Subcommittees
Purpose: To participate, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, in creating or identifying policies that are germane to the operation of Bozrah Public Schools.
Members: Lindsey Baah, Lindsey LaFlash
Purpose: To oversee, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, the maintenance of the school plant and any special or exceptional projects that may arise thereto.
Members: Nick Savoie (Chair), Dave Bowser
District Curriculum & Strategic Planning Subcommittee
- Purpose: To oversee, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, the development of new curriculum or revisions to existing curricula. To participate, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, with the development and maintenance of the Strategic Plan to identify the mission, vision and strategic direction of Bozrah Public Schools and provide measurable goals and timelines.
Members: Lindsey LaFlash (Chair), Jonathan Gilman
Ad-Hoc Subcommittees and Liaisons
Purpose: To participate, in conjunction with the superintendent or his/her designee, in developing the annual operating/capital budget proposal and, as circumstances warrant, address particular budgetary challenges that might arise during the fiscal year.
Members: Jonathan Gilman
- Purpose: To represent the Board's interest, in conjunction with the superintendent and legal counsel, by participating in the negotiations process with representatives from the District's Collective Bargaining units.
Members: Lindsey Baah, Lindsey LaFlash
Parent/Teacher Organization Liaison
Purpose: To serve as the Board of Education's liaison to the Fields Memorial School Parent/Teacher Organization.
Members: BOE Representative: Jonathan Gilman
BOE Chair is ex-officio member of all sub-committees.